Monday, January 30, 2017

Study

Study                                                                       01-30-17

2 Timothy 2:15 (ESV) 15  Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NASB) 15  Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV) 15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

From one sheep to another. I did an experiment last night. One that I have done a few times in the past. I went to a couple of websites,then I watched a couple of Youtube videos,all about the same subject. A doctrine in the Bible if you will. It doesn't matter which doctrine or teaching,that isn't my point. I went to three different venues,three different teachers,and got three DIFFERENT viewpoints on the same scripture.How can that be you ask? Truthfully, that is above my paygrade.I have an opinion that I keep to myself.

I have heard different men,at different times,in different pulpits say the same thing. "God has a great retirement plan for preachers that twist His word or abuse their authority and whatnot. He will take them out!" Well,I don't know about that,but this I do know. That makes no difference to the pewsitter,the sheep,you know ...you and me. That makes no difference to the folks whose lives have been destroyed by authority figures that have abused their authority does it? And herein lieth the lesson.

There is a popular saying these days among the next generation. How does it go? "You have to put your own work in."That's precisely what God is saying through Paul in those verses isn't it. Look again.

"Do your best,Be diligent,STUDY" In his letter to the Corinthian Church,Paul told the Corinthian believers to "weigh" what was being prophesied in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:29 (ESV) 29  Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said.

They were to weigh or judge what was being said. To evaluate is a good word.This was in the context of charismatic gifts in a worship service.The point being just this. Just because someone says something from a pulpit,or on a website,or IN A BLOG,that doesn't make it truth! You hearin' me here?Then how do we know Ronnie? Glad you asked.But, before I give you my take on the subject, know this. The responsibility for knowing is on you and me.The sheep.Look at those above verses again.

The Word says to study to "present yourself" to God. More than that...it says to present yourself APPROVED unto God. Not to a man.Not to a preacher. Not to a blog writer.To God. We are to be responsible for what we allow in our lives. That being said,the only way I know to show yourself approved is first to spend time. Spend time alone with God. Spend time alone reading and studying His Word. Spend time alone with Him. Let Him show you the who,what,where,and how concerning the issues in your life.

Same thing goes for those you allow a voice in your life. IT TAKES TIME. It takes time to build  trust and a relationship with anyone;especially one that deals with the issues of our lives.If we will take time to seek God's counsel and direction, but if we will do just that..He will confirm to our hearts the who's and where's and what's concerning all our questions.

Just like anything else in the spiritual arena. It begins alone with God and His counsel. If you go searching after anything without His counsel firmly planted in your mind and heart,you are setting yourself up for confusion and even abuse. 

Brothers and sisters,fellow sheep,in order to keep from getting "beat up" in the spirit let everything and I mean EVERYTHING,whether it comes from the pulpit or from this blog,let everything pass under the rod of God's inspection. He is the only one that has ALL the truth. He is the ONLY one that has YOUR best interest at heart at all times. But,it's going to take some time with Him. You and I are going to have to study! You feel me?

One sheep to another. His sheep hear His voice.

Psalm 119:145 (ESV) 145
 With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD! I will keep your statutes.



God Bless


    







No comments:

Post a Comment