Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Years Thought

A New Year's Thought                                          1-1-17

I am sorry for the early post. I will be very busy this afternoon and I am afraid I might not be able to get this out. So I am sending it now.Hope you enjoy it.

I was thumbing through my notebook yesterday and stumbled over something that I had written down last December 30th. I went back on my blog to see if I had shared them and I had not. So,I thought  that I would share them with you know. Some thoughts  for the New Year. I don't make resolutions anymore because sadly I came to the knowledge after many years of trying in my own strength,that I never could keep them! lol At any rate, these would be a good place to start this New Year 2017 don't you agree?

1) Free your mind from hate.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (ESV) 4  “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
5  You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.


Leviticus 19:17-18 (ESV) 17  “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.
18  You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.


2)Free your heart from worry.

Matthew 6:25 (NASB) 25  "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Matthew 6:27 (NASB) 27  "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

3)Live simply,thankfully

Philippians 4:6 (NASB) 6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.


Philippians 4:11-12 (NASB) 11  Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
12  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.


4)Give More.

Luke 6:38 (NASB) 38  "Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."

2 Corinthians 9:6 (NASB) 6  Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.


5)Expect less from people and more from yourself.

John 21:21-22 (NASB) 21  So Peter seeing him *said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?"
22  Jesus *said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"


Proverbs 6:16-19 (NASB) 16  There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
17  Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,
18  A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19  A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.



I pray that this year I make the Lord my counselor. Him and Him alone.

Psalm 119:105 (NASB) 105
 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.



Happy New Year

God Bless























   

1 comment:

  1. Just seeing this post. Happy new year and God help us to live in love and give in love! Love you

    ReplyDelete