Friday, January 3, 2014

Walk It Out                                                                     1-3-14

Mark 4:26-29 (NASB)

26  And He was saying, "The kingdom of God is like a man who casts seed upon the soil;
27  and he goes to bed at night and gets up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows—how, he himself does not know.
28  "The soil produces crops by itself; first the blade, then the head, then the mature grain in the head.
29  "But when the crop permits, he immediately puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."


Ever feel that you are walking down a dead end street? You know don't you? Nothing has changed and it doesn't appear it is going to. You are marking time, treading water..it's a DEAD END.... Or so you think. Here's a personal story. A few months ago I had come to a decision that I was at a dead end. This decision had not been made hastily; nor, had it been made lightly or without much prayer. But, all I could see was a dead end and I had decided to turn the corner. So, as I was doing my daily walk, I asked the Lord about a new direction. Well, He didn't answer my prayer that day. I asked again and again.....nothing. Days went by, then weeks, nada. Can I get a witness? And they ALL said AMEN!  After a considerable amount of time,I decided to take matters in my  own hands. I was going to make a move that would get the ball rolling. Just at that point my spirit was stirred within me and I believed the Lord was about to answer my petition. You know how you get when you feel like God is going to move in your life don't you? It's a feeling. A certain feeling of expectancy. Well, a couple days  later I was going through my daily routine and I was down at the track where I did my daily walk, and the Lord spoke to me. Now understand I needed some direction about what I was to do; where I was to go, now that I had decided to turn the corner. I needed some wisdom. I needed some revelation. And then the Lord spoke..................."walk it out"What? "walk it out" What do you mean 'walk it out?' " You mean stay where I'm at? Keep walking down this same road? " "Yep. That's exactly what I mean." " But, wait a minute God. This is a dead end. There's no light at the end of this road. I need to do this. I'm going to end up getting smoked here. It's a dead end!" "Walk it out."

Another translation of the above story reads like this"Stay where you are and sit steady in the boat." Oftentimes it is tough to sit steady in the boat. Your own rational mind and everything about you is telling you to jump ship and all you have to go on is a "word" from God. And to top it off, the "word" is saying don't do anything. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep walking where you're walking. You see many times we have to be like the man in the above parable. He throws that seed out in TRUST. He doesn't have a clue about how that seed grows. He goes to sleep, he wakes up. Nothing happens. He goes to bed, he wakes up..still nothing. BUT, one day he wakes up and voila! That seed has broken the ground and is growing. He doesn't know how, but, it keeps growing until one day it is mature and producing fruit. Ask the man how it happened and you will get a deer in the headlights stare and a uhhh...I dunno.
All he did was TRUST that the seed would produce. He didn't do anything to hinder the growth and he didn't dig it up when he didn't see immediate results. Isn't that the way it is with God sometimes?
We don't understand how He works, but if we trust Him, if we can just trust Him, we will enjoy the harvest. Look at this.

  Isaiah 55:10-11 (NASB) 10  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11  So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.


Look at that promise brothers and sisters.My Word will not return empty. Accomplishing what I desire. And SUCCEEDING in the matter for which I sent it. Oh yeah. That's good stuff. No, it's not out of context, look at the first verse.

Isaiah 55:1 (NASB) 1  "Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost.

"..EVERYONE"(Caps mine) That's you and me brothers and sisters.It's free and it works every time. All we need do is trust and obey.

Remember that old hymn?
Trust and obey, for there's no other way. To be happy in Jesus, just trust and obey. Plant that word that God spoke to you in your heart and leave it alone. Trust God to cause it to grow however and wherever He wants it to grow. If we can do this, we will be way ahead of the game.

 Brothers and sisters it may look dark. It may look like the road you are on is leading you over the cliff. But, if we can't trust God, who can we trust? The philosophers, the economists, the politicians? I don't know about you but I'm hedging my bet on the Lord. Remember this. He's got our back. Amen? AMEN!!

Psalm 119:89 (NASB) 89
 Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.



God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment