Friday, January 31, 2014

Walk It Out And Watch Me Work                                1-31-14

The Lord spoke that phrase to me a few months back and I shared it with you in a recent message. But, He reminded me of that phrase again this week while pondering what I would write about. Keep walking. I thought about how many times it is difficult  to do just that...to keep walking. I'm not talking about accomplishing some great feat. On the contrary, it is probably easier to maintain when we have a definite goal in sight; no matter the demands that goal demands of us. But, it's when nothing is going on or worse, when we are in the midst of troubling and burdensome circumstances that the rubber really meets the road. Amen? Look at this verse.

  Ephesians 1:10-11 (NASB)  In Him
11  also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

Look at another translation.

Ephesians 1:11 (GW) 11  God also decided ahead of time to choose us through Christ according to his plan, which makes everything work the way he intends.
And another.

Ephesians 1:11 (HCSB) 11  We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will,

You see a common thread here? "...works ALL THINGS(my caps) after the counsel of His will"
"...makes EVERYTHING(again my caps) work the way he intends."

"...EVERYTHING(caps) in agreement with the decision of His will,"

Here's a favorite.

Romans 8:28 (HCSB) 28  We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
There's that word "all" again. When I thought about those verses I couldn't figure it out. Why you ask? Well, I'll tell you. All things most definitely, most assuredly DO NOT work out for the good. I,personally, and I am sure you also can shout in agreement, I personally have had events and circumstances that did not work out for the good; and, they NEVER WILL! Some bad happenings do turn out for the good. I have no problem with that. But,there is no way that you, I ,or even I believe, God can put a positive spin on some of the "things" that come our way.  Well, brothers and sisters that isn't the idea these verses are conveying. There are events and circumstances that are decidedly not good for us. They have no redeeming value in our lives. That is the reality that we live in. But, here's the deal. In the midst of these difficulties and tragedies, God's unseen Hand is somehow working to bring us through. We don't see it. We certainly don't or can't feel it. But, it is nonetheless working on our behalf and for our eventual and ultimate good. It makes absolutely no sense to our natural minds and senses. And it doesn't make it hurt any less or make it any easier to swallow.

 BUT GOD.

God asks us in these times to take Him at His word and trust Him. I am reminded of my friend right now. Upon being asked whether he could keep the faith after some very difficult times his reply was "Where else can I go"?  Faith in God's unseen hand is many,many times ALL we have to cling to. But, take heart, God has promised to stick beside us and even reward us if we can just HOLD ON. I hear ya. Sometimes it's just too much. It's too hard. Child of God, hear this, let it sink way down inside. He's got you... even if you can't hold on. He will never let go of you. Ya hearin' me?

John 10:28-29 (HCSB) 28  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.
29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

No one. No one on this earth. Not the devils of hell. Nor the angels of heaven. NO ONE! Those aren't my words they are God Almighty's. He has not forgotten you nor has He forgotten your labor of love. As hard as it may seem to understand it, He is just and He WILL make things right. Don't ask me how. I don't know.But, His Word says just that. Amen?Amen!!

2 Corinthians 1:8-10 (HCSB) 8  For we don’t want you to be unaware, brothers, of our affliction that took place in Asia: we were completely overwhelmed—beyond our strength—so that we even despaired of life.
9  Indeed, we personally had a death sentence within ourselves, so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead. 
10  He has delivered us from such a terrible death, and He will deliver us. We have put our hope in Him that He will deliver us again

Read the whole passage. Sometimes we stop in the middle.Yes we HAD a death sentence. PERSONALLY. But, it continues. "...we would not trust in ourselves but in God..." " He has delivered us...."  "We have put our hope in Him...."

Walk it out and let Him work.

Psalm 34:19 (NASB) 19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

There's that word "all" again.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment