Friday, November 30, 2012


O Tannenbaum


Man, it is gorgeous outside today! It is beautiful out there today as the first few days of the Christmas.. ughh..sorry..the Holiday season gets into full swing. (more on that shortly) As I watched a newscast this week,I realized that I(we) was(were) watching the last faint heartbeats of what we call common decency in our fair land. More than that, we are presiding over the slow death of plain ol' COMMON SENSE! Let me 'splain myself here.

I watched this week a newscast that showed a leading political figure in our country(a state Governor) tell a national audience that he was offended at calling a Christmas tree a Christmas tree. Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen.Now, for fear of offending the sensibilities of some folk, the tree that would serve as the official? tree would be called a Holiday tree.Never mind that the Federal Government has designated December 25th, CHRISTMAS DAY as a federal holiday, we shouldn't call the tree a Christmas tree. I just had to shake my head and chuckle.

On a similar note I was told about a commercial that was marketing this holiday season as "the season of reason." The REASON being obvious. So as not to offend any potential customers who might not like the reference to Christ. I mean C'MON MAN! I thought about that newscast all week. I began to wonder what reaction, if any, that the King Of Glory, the Lord Jesus Christ might have to all of this. As I thought about this a play on what Pastor Doug this week said about Israel came to mind. The question begs an answer.

What has Jesus ever done to you and me? In what scurvy,sordid way has He treated us to evoke such a heated response? What are His crimes against humanity? Why are we so angry at Him just for the mention of His name? Hmmmm.. Good question.


Let's see what the Bible says about Him.



1 " Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 "He will not cry out or raise His voice, Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 "A bruised reed He will not break And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.
4 "He will not be disheartened or crushed Until He has established justice in the earth; And the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law."
Isaiah 42:1-4 (NASB)


All He's done is proclaim healing and restoration for a fallen race. He was so meek and gentle that He wouldn't break an already bruised reed in His dealings with men and women. Not only did he proclaim liberty and justice for all, but He also offered life to any that would receive it. Not just life but ETERNAL life.


16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (NASB)


However, to acquire that life someone had to die. So this meek, gentle, suffering servant VOLUNTEERED to give His life to pay OUR debt.

5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5 (NASB)


Let's see now, meek, gentle, loving, restoring,forgiving and dying all for us and we repay Him by despising and becoming offended at the mere mention of His name.

Listen to me Brothers and Sisters in Christ. We live in an Age of Grace right now. God, in His infinite mercy and grace is allowing time for any who will, to take the Lord Jesus up on His offer. During this time the world mocks our Lord and Savior, THE ONLY LORD AND SAVIOR I might add. But, just as time ran out in Noah's day so too it will run out in this, our day. Then, the mockery of the One we hold so dear will cease. It would behoove us all to pay CLOSE attention to what God has to say concerning His only begotten Son.


1 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
3 "Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!"
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.
Psalms 2:1-4 (NASB)

10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Phil 2:10-11 (NASB)


As it was told to me so many years ago.. me,you and indeed the whole world has a choice...we can bow now or we can bow later.


20 ~'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
Rev 3:20 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment