Friday, December 7, 2012


They're Your Pearls

6 " Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Matt 7:6 (NASB)


The Holy Spirit spoke this verse to me yesterday while I was doing my daily(well almost daily) walk. I had been praying about some things and He spoke this verse to me. Try this on. Have you ever had a dream about something that you wanted to do in your life? Maybe it was a dramatic life altering decision like switching vocations or going back to school. Maybe it was on a smaller scale like losing 50 lbs.( hmm that hits close to home lol) or getting in shape and running a marathon. Whatever your dream or aspiration, it was something that you wanted to do or change about yourself. You know how it goes. You get all psyched up. You ask the Lord to help you and guide you. Then you march out and share your dream with someone or someone's(?) else,seeking their encouragement and support, and they commence to tell you how foolish or dumb or impossible your dream is. By the time they finish with you... well you know...you say to yourself " well maybe I need to reconsider" or " yeah, they're probably right. it was a dumb idea." Does that sound familiar? Here's another scenario. You feel like God has spoken to your heart to do something and you decide that you will and all of a sudden the ol' devil will fill your mind with all manner of doubt and fear. And if you are anything like me, you begin to reconsider and question yourself. What happens is (and this is my word for the day) you and I APPEASE the resistance. Look at that word appease.

Hebrew NASB Number: 3722a
Hebrew Word: ‏כָּפַר‎
Transliterated Word: kaphar (497b)
Root: denom. vb. from 3724a;

Definition: to cover over, pacify, make propitiation:--
—NASB Greek-Hebrew Dictionary

The Oxford Dictionary takes it a bit further.

appease
1. pacify or placate (someone) by acceding to their demands


You see our detractors, whomever they may be DEMAND that we reconsider. That we back off or quit altogether.It's TOO stupid or dumb or irresponsible or too WHATEVER. They want us to pacify or APPEASE their opinion or sensibilities. Notice I said THEIR. That's what the Lord spoke to my heart yesterday about some issues in my life. Quit appeasing those who don't really care in the first place. Don't pour your heart out to those who want nothing more to do than trample and crush it. You getting my drift? Listen God's got a different idea. Look at this.


18 Surely there is a future, And your hope will not be cut off.
Prov 23:18 (NASB)


God has a SURE future for us. You know as we get older our perspective changes about the future and what it holds. Things that were important at 30 aren't quite as important at 60. Outlooks change,but no matter what age you are, nine to ninety- nine God has a what future? A SURE FUTURE! Not only that, it says that YOUR hope will not be cut off. Yes, that means YOUR dream, YOUR aspiration will not be cut off. You remember don't you? That dream that was so real to you. The one that everybody said to forget about. The one that YOU forgot about. God didn't forget about it. Pull it out of the closet and dust it off. God wants to make it happen.


11 ~'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Jer 29:11 (NASB)


The verse above is Israel's hope for the future. It can be our hope for the future also.



1 O Lord, how my adversaries have increased! Many are rising up against me.
2 Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
3 But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
Psalms 3:1-3 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment