Friday, December 28, 2012


New Beginnings

 In the beginning God created
Gen 1:1 (NASB)


This is my last post this year, 2013 is right around the corner,and judging from the headlines we need a NEW BEGINNING in this country. The political GAME PLAYING in Washington is become more than I can stomach. Fiscal cliff notwithstanding, those words" new beginnings" came up in a conversation I had a couple weeks ago and they stuck with me.


Beginning-"the first part", "the origin, source or first cause of an action"


Foregoing the rosy intros into this message I want to ask you a simple question, "Are you in a rut?" "Do you look out at the 2013 landscape and see the same ol', same ol' of 2012 and years past?" Yeah, I feel you. You know in these times that beset us it is easy to develop a skewed vision of the future. In the midst of all the !!$#$&*&$%#@# going on in Washington(get rid of ALL of em'!! smile, There I said it!) it's hard not to take a deep breath and say "What's the use?" Know what I mean? We lose sight that God is on the throne and yes HE is still sovereign PTL. At any rate those two words have been floating around in my head for the past couple weeks and I thought I would share my heart with you today. Something from my personal life.


While I was sitting around the other day those new beginnings popped into my head and I started thinking about something new that I would like to try. I have always wanted to learn a foreign language and being as I have travelled in France I thought why not learn French? Well, I asked God if that pipedream would be a waste of time. Now to be honest I don't think God cares whether I learn a foreign language or not, but, I asked Him anyway. Without receiving a negative answer I decided to pursue it a bit further. I called a local community college and drove down to the campus and lo and behold they were offering a beginning French class that fit into my existing schedule. Not only that I learned that because I am a shhh.. senior citizen(60 and above) I can take that French class for FREE!! No tuition, all it will cost is the price of a textbook!Halleleuia, this must be from God!(smile) So, Lord willing I start back to school on January 17th, 2013.


Brothers and sisters, I realize that possibly this is a whimsical use of space. There are infinitely more pressing concerns in all of our lives, but, I just wanted to share that God allowed me a new beginning, however comical or flaky it might appear. Focus on that verse again:


In the beginning God created
Gen 1:1 (NASB)


As I am sure by now, you are well aware that this verse is incomplete. I left it that way on purpose.That's for you to finish. Do you need a new direction in life? Have some doors been shut in your face by others? Are you shackled by circumstances and feel that there is no way out? Let God have a shot at it.


17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
2 Cor 5:17 (NASB)


I believe that God wants to do something new in our lives this coming year. In spite of all the blather and hopelessness pouring into our lives from a hopeless world, if you are a child of the King there is HOPE! WE HAVE A FUTURE! Let's allow Him to create a new thing in our lives and make 2013 a year to remember!!


13 I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.
Psalms 27:13 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment