Friday, January 4, 2013


Able

2013! PTL! We made it!! Fiscal cliff, Mayan calendar, praise God we're still standing!! One of my New Year's resolutions is to teach myself to keyboard. I downloaded a free program off the internet and have started practicing. HOWEVER, for my message this week it is hunt and peck, as it would be this time NEXT Friday getting this message out if I attempted to type in a correct manner. lol


I was musing this week on just what 2013 might hold and let me tell you brothers and sisters, if you look at 2013 through the world's glasses, IT AIN'T PRETTY.(excuse the bad grammar plz)
Our political landscape in this country and the entire world is uncertain. No... that's not the right word. It is broken, inoperative, etc.,etc.
Strolling over the economic landscape and it's like one of those huge rocks that you see out west being supported and balanced by a feather. Can I get a witness? As Supertramp said years ago "it's a bloody mess." BUT( you ought to do a study on the word but, it is interesting) BUT, as I was driving last night thinking about what I would write on today a verse ran across my mind's eye..


20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
Eph 3:20 (NASB)

Greek NASB Number: 1410
Greek Word: δύναμαι
Transliterated Word: dunamai
Root: a prim. vb.;

Definition: to be able, to have power:--
—NASB Greek-Hebrew Dictionary


I did some snooping around in the Word to look at that word able. To have power. First off, what I found was that we of the human family are powerless to save ourselves.


25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
Heb 7:25 (NASB)


Not only that we can't keep or maintain that great salvation on our own merit.


8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eph 2:7-9 (NASB)

BUT, HE is able to save and keep us.


24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy,
Jude 1:24 (NASB)


You know something though? God not only has our spiritual back but He's got our physical and material back as well. Now, I am not one of those who maintain that we can walk through this life experiencing total victory in any and all circumstances just by standing in "our faith", or "walking in the power of God." I don't believe that is the teaching of the scriptures nor has that been my(or anyone else's that I know) experience. No, no. We all experience setbacks, disappointments, mistakes, lost battles, and sufferings.


Now, I don't know about you but as for me, a lot of times I have a hard time trusting God. You know what I mean? Sometimes in the face of difficult circumstances whether those circumstances are mine or someone close to me, I want to take matters in my hands. I want to do something or say something that will "fix" it or make it all better. Ya feelin' me?


You know it's a dangerous and brutal world out there these days. It can be frustrating and frightening all at the same time. But, if we can somehow learn to trust God to see us through, He has promised to do just that.

12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.
2 Tim 1:12 (NASB)


We are all at different stages of our lives. You may be starting out, family to support, kids to raise, or you may be on the other end of the cycle looking closely at eternity. It doesn't matter where you are we all have struggles and concerns.It could be anything.. money, kids, health, loneliness, a desire of your heart, the list stretches further than the eye or heart can see. But, the Apostle Paul at sometime had the light bulb turn on. At some point in his journey he learned a great truth. He became CONVINCED that God was ABLE, He had the POWER to keep or guard that which he had ENTRUSTED to him. Same with you and me. What are those issues that concern you? What is it that you just can't seem to get a grip on? What is that secret of your heart that you desire? God can make that future a great deal brighter. He can make that desire a reality. If you and I can just learn to trust God with those"cliffs" fiscal, spiritual or otherwise, then He is ABLE to get us to the other side. Amen?

11 In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Psalms 56:11 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment