Friday, January 11, 2013


I Just Want To Celebrate

Remember that song from Rare Earth? It came across my mind last night.


I just want to celebrate another day of livin'

I just want to celebrate another day of life.


That was brought a little closer home today as I sit writing this, well,actually writing some notes to this message in the ER of a local hospital. Memaw(my mother) had to come up here today for a problem. At any rate this song was playing through my head last night and I was reminded of a verse.


13 Come now, you who say, " Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit." 14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away
James 4:13-14 (NASB)


Focus your attention on vs. 14. "You are just a vapor..." As I dwelt on that verse last night and now as I watch these people walk through these hospital doors I realize how fragile and fleeting this thing we call life really is. It can be altered or even snuffed out in a New York Minute.(thx Don Henley lol)


I'm realizing more and more that in my case every day with Memaw is a gift and is precious. It's been said a zillion times before but I feel the need to say it again today. It's very easy to get caught up in the business of living or should I say the BUSYness of living. Go to work, do this,do that, take BillyBob here, run Mary Jane there. I understand that. We've ALL been there. It is a part of living. But, sometimes we need a jolt to knock us off that treadmill and to smell the roses. Ya know what I'm sayin'? What I am trying to get across is that we all(you, me, ALL) should take a time out from the press and call a loved one just to say hello. Or maybe spend some time with the kids. Or better yet get alone and spend some time with God and let Him minister to us. You gettin' my drift here? This world can be a daunting place to live but it's the only one we have! Amen?


The Lord Jesus said He had a better way.


10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
John 10:10 (NASB)


I just want to celebrate.


Look at this for a minute.


2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalms 18:2 (NASB)


"The Lord is........my deliverer," Jesus is not only our Savior but He is our DELIVERER!

Hebrew NASB Number: 6403
Hebrew Word: ‏פָּלַט‎
Transliterated Word: palat (812b)
Root: a prim. root;

Definition: to escape:--
List of English Words and Number of Times Used
calves (1),
carries it off (1),
deliver (5),
delivered (4),
deliverer (5),
delivers (3),
escape (1),
preserve (2),
rescue (3).
—NASB Greek-Hebrew Dictionary


A DELIVERER, A WAY OF ESCAPE!


I just want to celebrate another day.


I don't know about you but I could stand a little deliverance! Amen? It's not more of this or more of that.It's a solution that we need. It's an answer, isn't that right? What is it for you? Crushed dream? Impossible circumstance? Sickness, defeat, hopelessness? Or is it the burden of just trying to survive? Whatever it is, you have a DELIVERER! He has promised US, His children,an ABUNDANT LIFE. Yes, there are storms all around. It is a fight! We are on a battleship not a cruise ship, BUT, we have a deliverer. Selah.There's a verse in Proverbs that says this.. (in our language today)"Pay attention to Me, then just relax." Let God do what He does best. Be God. Let's take a deep breath, breathe in, breathe out and relax. He is our refuge and strength, our high tower, our DELIVERER!




1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
Psalms 27:1 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment