Friday, January 18, 2013


Angry Birds


Ever see that internet game Angry Birds? I have never played it and don't know anything about it. I asked my sister if she had ever played it and she told me that she had and it made her angry just playing it!lol I daresay if you look on the internet these days, you will not only see some angry birds but a whole host of angry people! Amen? The debate rages over any number of issues and the longer the dialogue continues the more heated the combatants become. Remember that song that said "everybody's right and nobody's wrong"(Buffalo Springfield? Can't remember) At any rate,"Have you ever gotten angry?" Now that's a no brainer isn't it. This message is born from an incident that your's truly had a few days ago. I got angry. I mean I got really angry. To be honest I lost control and "went off." Ever had one of those episodes? Yeah, I feel ya. You know God has a sense of humor though. Not 24 hours after my outburst I opened my Bible and it"automatically" opened to the Book of James where my eyes immediately fastened on the 19th verse..


19 This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
James 1:19-20 (NASB)


My attention was drawn to vs.20. "...the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."


The KJV is a little more forceful. It uses the word wrath.


19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
James 1:19-20 (KJV)


That was closer to what happened inside of me.It was beyond anger it was wrath!!(smile)

It seems these days there is a lot to make us angry. Forget the politics and whatnot, the PRESSURE of just surviving is enough to make you holler. You work your backside off just to stay afloat and in a lot of cases you still take a step backwards.Amen?

If we aren't careful it can build up inside of us. You know how it goes don't you. It starts out with pressure at home..kids, money, you fill in the blank. Then you get a raw deal at work. Maybe it's a reprimand that you didn't deserve. Maybe you got passed over for the promotion. Maybe,God forbid, you just got laid off. Then you go to church seeking some refuge and someone says something hateful to you or no one says anything to you at all! And to top it off you get the flu bug or one of the kids hurt themselves at football or cheerleading practice.... WHATEVER!Can you relate? It seems like it never ends. You are doing the best you can and it just keeps on keepin on. It's very easy to become resentful and bitter. Trust me on this, I HAVE BEEN THERE! Here's what the Bible says:


15 See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;
Heb 12:15 (NASB)


Man, it's a battle these days just to maintain your SANITY, much less those lesser(?) issues that plague us. But, if we can just tune into God there is a way out. If we can muster up enough faith to take it all to Him, He can fix it.


. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:5-7 (NASB)


That "everything" in vs.6 incudes all our anger and resentment. It takes in our hurt feelings and all the other trials and tribulations this life has to offer. He has promised to make it happen for us if we will just ASK Him.

Will you ever get your feelings hurt again? Yes. Will you still battle your emotions? Absolutely. Will the devil still try and bring you down? Count on it. BUT, there is help and hope. No, better than that there is deliverance in the Lord Jesus. He will give us grace to endure and overcome.


9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
2 Cor 12:8-9 (NASB)


He is most powerful when we are at our weakest. His grace is SUFFICIENT for all of the mess that comes our way. Amen? AMEN!!


2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.
Psalms 18:2-3 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment