Friday, November 2, 2012

It's For Real



I was speaking with a friend this week and we were talking about various details of our lives, both good and difficult. At the end of the conversation my friend made an observation concerning a difficult situation. He said "..there's always hope." After we finished talking I went for my daily walk and this verse came to mind.



19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

1 Cor 15:19 (NASB)



Here's how King James said it:



19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

1 Cor 15:18-19 (KJV)



"..we are of all men MOST MISERABLE" or "..most to be PITIED." (caps mine)



That verse led me to a question. Why do we do it?

Why did those 1st century Christians endure the unimaginable persecution? They were crucified along the Appian Way in Rome. They were literally roasted and fed to the lions as sport in the Colosseum. Across the ages they have been stoned, drowned, and burned at the stake. Even today in the civilized 21st century, Christians the world over are suffering horrors that we here in America can only imagine. All for the sake of a man that they have never seen or heard; having only read about or listened to someone talk about. I daresay it is beginning to touch us here as the days are growing darker and darker in this once great country. I am reminded of a phrase in the "Shawshank Redemption." While trying to figure the reason for his unjust imprisonment, Tim Robbins didn't blame anything or anyone he simply mused that it was his turn to be in the storm. However, he noted that he had no idea the storm would last so long. Do you feel the same way? Has the storm lasted longer than you could possibly have imagined? The question still goes begging. Why? Why do you still believe? Why do you still hope?





BECAUSE IT'S FOR REAL... IT'S REALLY FOR REAL! JESUS IS THE REAL DEAL!

AMEN? SELAH? Pause and calmly think about that.



44 "Let these words sink into your ears;

Luke 9:44 (NASB)



Let these words SINK into your ears. Let me open my heart to you and try to explain myself.I said a few weeks ago that God, His Son, His Spirit and His Word were the only things that made any sense to me these days. I am not exaggerating here. It may seem simple but it's the truth. Here's my take on it.



I noticed yesterday that U.N.troops would be monitoring various election sites next Tuesday. FOREIGN TROOPS on OUR SOIL monitoring OUR election processes. Where's the outcry? No righteous indignation from EITHER party or candidate!!?? Listen brothers and sisters our political climate is no longer uniquely American, no..no. It is global that pits some ultra-elite power brokers against the rest of us. Sadly, for all the hoopla and rhetoric, not a lot of difference exists between our two parties. Oh yes there are some differences as to style and delivery but as to SUBSTANCE?? Not a great deal. I don't know who to believe and it feels like a great fog of deception has settled over this land.



Not only are our politics fifty shades of gray but our economies are ...well...I give up. I watched a documentary on the History channel about the Industrialists at the turn of the 20th century. It was much like today where markets both stock, real estate, and commodities were manipulated.Somebody or bodies created an artificial bubble in these markets to lure the masses in and when they had blown the bubble up as fat as they could they popped it, causing untold misery to those left holding the bag.Sound familiar? This is a picture that has been played out time and time again until people(or at least me! smile) have no idea what is real and what is contrived. I have no HOPE in those institutions. At least that's how I see it. I quietly consider that a shaking is beginning.One of epic proportions. I wonder if we are living in the "little while."



6 "For thus says the Lord of hosts, ' Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land.
7I will shake all the nations; and they will come with the wealth of all nations, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the Lord of hosts.

Hag 2:6-7 (NASB)



You see we live in a world system that God is going to once more shake. It could well have already started. Look at what Hebrews says about it:



26 And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, " YET ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH, BUT ALSO THE HEAVEN."
27 This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Heb 12:26-27 (NASB)



It's no wonder,as we see these systems reeling under their own weight that we lose confidence.Where else is there to look for answers? If you know of one, shout it out to me and I will consider it. You see brothers and sisters, some 37 years ago I fell off the turnip truck at the Post Office in Atlanta,Ga. and the Lord Jesus SAVED me. That day my heart, my life,my world view, indeed EVERYTHING about me changed. The Lord Jesus Christ reached down into my soul and gave me a new heart. And for the last 37 years, through thick and thin; through the times when I walked close to Him and the times when I tried to chart my own course HE was there. He has been the ONLY constant in my life.With the world entering into darkness and teetering on the edge HE is all I have left. He is my only hope. Oh yes I will vote this election(already have). Yes, I pray that we have Godly leadership. I certainly do love my country, it is the greatest ever founded. But, beloved this world's systems can't heal your broken heart. They can't strengthen you to face another day. They can't heal a sin sick soul. All they can offer you is rhetoric, deceit, broken promises and outright lies.As I,we see the pages of God's Word played out before us, it is readily apparent to me that my answers, the REAL answers to my doubts and fears are found only in Jesus. I wish that the answers were at the polling booth(U.N. troops notwithstanding). But, they aren't and never will be.Sooo...THAT is why we believe. THAT is why we continue on.THAT is why we still have HOPE way down in our soul. The Rock Of Ages has become the Rock of our age. It's because of Jesus. There is none beside Him. There is none like Him. He's the only true God. HE'S THE REAL DEAL!



3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;
4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;
5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


Romans 5:3-5 (NASB)





God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment