Friday, November 9, 2012

We Have No King But Caesar



Remember that line from the musical Jesus Christ Superstar? I read something this week that put that line in my mind. Let me share it with you. The article was a quote but it didn't give author credit but these are not my words, I just don't know who they belong to. It went something like this: "God is letting every form of human government run it's course to demonstrate that man is not qualified to rule himself.

When history has set the stage, proving mankind's inadequacy, then God will usher in His ideal form of government,- theocracy, in which God openly rules through His Son. Until then His rule is behind the scenes. Yet He openly intervenes and overrules when His honor and the true interests of one or more of His people are at stake."



In the aftermath of the most divisive election in my lifetime, with people absolutely polarized and vehemently opposed to the other's solutions to the problems facing a very sick country, this thought once again popped into my head,... GOD IS SOVEREIGN. Selah. How do I know this? The Bible tells me so.



35 " All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And among the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, ' What have You done?'

Dan 4:35 (NASB)



Go read Daniel 4 and get the whole story. Here's another one.



6 Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps.

Psalms 135:6 (NASB)



One more.



13 "Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?"

Isaiah 43:13 (NASB)



Here's a couple from the New Testament



In Him
11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

Eph 1:10-11 (NASB)



20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;
21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.


Phil 3:20-21 (NASB)



I apologize for all the scripture but, I don't have too much to add today. I would, however, point you to a common phrase in those scriptures. Look at the words "all things" That phrase is also used in Hebrews 1:3.



God "works" all things, He "subjects" all things, and He "upholds" all things. He allows us to choose our leaders, Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, Good or Evil...BUT, He is behind the scenes orchestrating the outcome. His purposes will not be frustrated by human endeavor. He will receive His Glory in all the earth in spite of earthly authority that resists Him. Heck. He was the one who set the authority up. What? Oh yeah that's right.



1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

Romans 13:1 (NASB)



Listen brothers and sisters I said all that to make this one point.Kings and kingdoms come and go. Perilous times are indeed upon us, there is no denying that. But, in the midst of all the turmoil and in spite of the shaking of the nations God and His sovereignty reach all the way down to you and me. He, in my opinion, is much more interested in you and me as His children than He is about any country or political ideology.In the midst of all the uncertainty His promises still hold true for you and me. His plan for our lives remain steadfast if we can just learn to trust Him. He will turn the hearts of kings and nations as He desires but He desires us to willingly yield ourselves to Him for our well being. He IS the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and He searches all the earth to find someone who will lean on and trust in Him. Let us divorce ourselves from the politicos, pundits and performers of this age and turn to the Sovereign Lord of all the earth.



1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Psalms 121:1-2 (KJV)




God Bless





No comments:

Post a Comment