Friday, September 30, 2016

Separate Yourself

Separate Yourself                                               09-30-16

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 (ESV) 17  Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,
18  and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”


Just a couple of short thoughts this week. This verse came to mind while I was talking with myself this week. No, I'm not quite ready for the funny farm just yet as my conversation with myself is still one way. lol. I was thinking about the big debate this week and all the hype surrounding it; and I started thinking and posed these questions to myself...........if the debate,if the economy,if the election is rigged......if the outcome has already been determined by some of the powers that be .....indeed if our lives on this earth are being influenced by some axis of evil in the nether world if..if  if..if all this is true,then why do we(I) insist on listening?Why do we(I) continue to subject our minds and spirits to the propaganda? Why do we involve ourselves in the process?And herein lieth the lesson.

The key is to NOT do it the world's way isn't it? That approach is doable but not as easy as it sounds is it?

You know Jesus said that we had to occupy this world,but He didn't say that we should conform.As a matter of fact He taught us that we should resist conforming to the world's systems and it's way of thinking didn't He?

Romans 12:2 (ESV) 2  Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

You see when the Apostle Paul quoted that verse, it was in a context of being yoked with unbelievers. Are we to shun those that don't see things as we do? Are we to chastise and judge those that don't believe as we do? No. Or as Paul said elsewhere"God Forbid!" No we don't pack up and move to some utopia in Idaho. We don't isolate ourselves on some island physical or spiritual in an effort to remain unspotted from the world. No,no.

Neither do we decide to shut ourselves off from the land of the living;turning off the tele or the radio and whatnot. Swearing off Fox News or CNN depending on your individual preference is no solution to our dealings with the world and it's ways.Although in my case that might be preferable to the heartburn it causes me. SMILE! Nope. I don't believe that was what Jesus was talking about do you? 

 The point is to not let ourselves become influenced or controlled by what goes on in this world of ours.It is not to become discouraged or depressed with all the fatalism that the world has to offer. It is to separate ourselves from the world and it's way of thinking and doing. It's to join ourselves to God and HIS way of thinking and doing.

Yeah the election might well rigged.Yeah the economy may actually be controlled by the "elitist one percenters." Yes,there surely are spiritual forces at work,hell bent on causing as much confusion and destruction as possible. But God. BUT GOD!

Psalm 34:19 (ESV) 19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.


If we will just keep the Lord Jesus in front of our eyes. If we will keep our hearts and minds stayed on Him, then we can escape the influences and confusions of the world in which we live.

Isaiah 26:3 (ESV) 3  You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.


In Him we live and move and have our very existence

Psalm 46:10 (ESV) 10  “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”



God Bless









2 comments: