Friday, September 9, 2016

Feeling The Love                                             09-09-16

Malachi 4:2 (ESV) 2  But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.

The last part of this Scripture crossed my mind last night as I walked down the frozen food aisle with Shelley at Kroger.I was marvelling at the eight year old in front of me as she skipped and waved her hands, frolicking as it were for no apparent reason. I looked over at Shelley with a smile and stated that she was "excited." SHE being Chloe.Shelley remarked that she was FEELIN' THE LOVE. When Shelley said that,as I was watching that young calf, the above words crossed my mind. ".......leaping like calves from the stall." I knew it was in the Word, just couldn't remember where. So I took out my trusty Strong's and found the verse in Malachi.

Let me go back to the beginning.Yesterday Chloe brought home the yearly, obligatory order form for coupon books. You know the ones. The 10 dollar fund raiser that all those with a kid in school are absolutely,positively obligated to purchase.(The schools know what they are doing,smile) So naturally I told her to put me and Shelley down for a couple of books. It's all good... Well....... it seems that in order to get the "popsicle party" next week, she(Chloe) had to sell THREE books by TOMORROW to qualify.(The schools know what they are doing,larger smile) Upon hearing this,Shelley had the grand idea to send it out on Facebook in hopes of garnering a response.Of course the tightwad in me silently but heartily concurred,seeing an immediate savings of ten dollars.(smiling again)  

Well,sure enough the responses rolled in and before we knew it,Chloe had "sold" six or seven coupon books.Now it was a matter of checking the post every five minutes or so,as visions of being awarded "Principal For A Day" for selling the most coupon books,danced in her head.A short while later,and 10 dollars richer,we decided to try the Chinese buffet;and the conversation going to,while there,and coming from, centered around her amazement at how many people bought their coupon books from her.I mean that was ALL she could talk about.On our way home,we stopped at Kroger to pick a few things up,and she was still beside herself. I am not exaggerating. She was skipping and jumping around,waving her hands,SINGING. It got to the point that I told her she needed to calm down because people would think that she had lost her mind.I am dead serious.(which is probably my problem, smiling) But, it didn't matter to her and as I watched her SEIZE THE MOMENT, I decided it didn't matter to me either. Just had to yell at her to keep from knocking someone down or running into a food display. LOL. So we got home and she went to bed,ecstatic that people wanted to buy their books from her. She was FEELIN' THE LOVE!

And herein lieth the lesson.

The Holy Ghost spoke something to my heart this morning. He told me that little girl was CAREFREE last night. Now, and this is important, she was not CARELESS. You see that child has some cares and issues even in her eight year old life. She is not careless. But last night the Lord Jesus used a few people to put the JOY and PEACE of God in her that ONLY He can give. The peace that passes all understanding.She was CAREFREE!

I witnessed that last night in an eight year old child. Like a calf released from it's stall.
Now if the Lord Jesus will do that for a child, do you think for one moment that He won't do that for you and me? I know I am long today but bear with me. Look at this verse.

Matthew 10:30 (ESV) 30  But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Think about what that verse is saying. God is concerned about the details of our individual lives with a precision that we can't appreciate or even comprehend. Each individual hair. His love and care for us.......we are the "lucidas" of His creation.

Brothers and sisters, if we will just let go and let God, He will take the cares and burdens of this life from off our necks and indeed make us like unstalled calves. CAREFREE. PTL.

Psalm 126:1-3 (ESV) 1
 When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream.
2  Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.”
3  The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad.



God Bless

P.S. She just got off the bus and RAN to me to show me the "cool" bracelet,the award,and the free Brewster's Italian Ice she received for her sales efforts. HaHa! 

   



      

  

1 comment:

  1. That was great Ronnie! It's the little things that bring us joy! Like a little 9 yr old!

    ReplyDelete