Friday, December 20, 2013

Enough Is Enough                                                             12-20-13

Proverbs 19:3 (NASB) 3  The foolishness of man ruins his way, And his heart rages against the LORD.


Merry Christmas All! It won't be long until the big fat man pays us a visit. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season.

That verse above is one of my favorite verses in all the Bible. I remember what my stepfather, years ago when I was a teenager, used to tell me, " there's nothing but trouble out there past 11 o'clock." The clock crept up every year until I became a senior. Then it went like this, " there's nothing out there but trouble after 12 o'clock." The time had changed but the message had not. After a certain time there was nothing out there but trouble. As I grew up and stepped out on my own, much to my chagrin, I found something else out. It didn't matter what time it was, trouble was always out there! As a matter of fact, I didn't even have to look for trouble, it would find me!! Can I get a witness from anyone out there? 

Understand this, everybody has limits. The patience of even the most cool and level headed among us can be pushed to the breaking point. Parents with children, employers with employees, police and judges with lawbreakers..everyone reaches a point where ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Can I get an amen please?

 The wisdom of the above verse rings in my ears on almost a daily basis. It has
been an eye opener to me in my own life more times than I care to remember. Here's how it goes. We will get out there and test the limits of God's Word. God in His mercy will protect us in our stupidity time and time again. We'll keep pushing the envelope until one of two things happen.1) All Hades comes crashing down as a natural response to ignoring what God's Word says. OR 2) All Hades comes crashing down because God has had enough and it's time for a trip to the woodshed. Either way....well you get the picture. So when we are sitting in the middle of the road trying to get the number of the truck that just clocked us, what do we do? We take it out on the Lord. That's the message of that verse. OUR FOOLISHNESS ruins our life but we rage against God. All God has been doing all along is protecting us from ourselves; yet we are calling Him on the carpet for our demise. 

   Proverbs 20:2 (NASB) 2  The terror of a king is like the growling of a lion; He who provokes him to anger forfeits his own life.

I never was a Bob Dylan fan, but he wrote a song "..Gotta Serve Somebody."
In the song he says that we may be somebody or nobody, rich or poor, famous, infamous, or unknown BUT we ARE going to serve somebody. If we don't bow to mama and daddy, we will bow to the police. If we don't bow to the police, we will bow to the judge. If we don't bow to the judge, we will bow to BIG BUBBA in the jail, BUT, we are going to bow to someone. You, me, the next door neighbor...we are going to serve someone. As Bob Dylan says,"it might be the devil, it might be the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody."

I will leave you with this. No matter how far you or I have fallen, God is there. No matter how bad we have been, God has forgiven us. If you need to feel His love, His touch, His forgiveness all you need do is ask. If you will take one step toward God, He will come running to you and gather you up in His arms. He's holding NOTHING against you or me.

 Romans 8:38-39 (NASB) 38  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


MERRY CHRISTMAS

Psalm 130:3-4 (NASB) 3  If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
4  But there is forgiveness with You, That You may be feared.




God Bless



  

No comments:

Post a Comment