Friday, August 21, 2015

Bold Declarations                                                        08-21-15

1 Corinthians 4:19 (ESV) 19  But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power.

The Lord put this verse in my heart today, spoken to ME, for MY instruction. That being said, let me see if I can make any sense to you today. Have you ever experienced a soberness in your spirit? Not fear, not even apprehension or uneasiness. I guess reality check is the best way I can describe it. Well, that is the way I have been feeling lately. Bear with me.

I read an article on Facebook this A.M. and it rang true in my gut.I am cautious in the extreme these days when reading about prophetic visions and revelations that God has given to people. Even though I might discuss them at the water cooler, inside in my heart, I generally don't afford them too much space in my spirit. I especially turn a deaf ear when a price tag is affixed to aforesaid vision(s). Yes, I have a primitive understanding of the economics of ministry; but, if God has chosen you to be His prophetic loudspeaker to the people, why do you have to charge the people to hear what God is saying? Freely you have received, freely give. Amen? Forgive my rant.

As I studied this week, I read about Peter's restoration in the last chapter of John. 

John 21:15 (ESV) 15  When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.”

Jesus asked Peter three separate times about his love for the Lord. What stands out is the word "love." The word Jesus used describes this kind of love, "the deep sacrificing love that has it's source in God." However, Peter's use of the word love is something much different.  It is the Greek word phileo. It means to be "fond of." Much like a friendship. Three times Peter uses this word. Peter knew who Jesus was, but he was well aware of the condition of his heart. Gone was the boldness and brashness that had moved him to declare that he would give his life for the Messiah. It had melted under the heat of opposition on the night the Lord was crucified.

Peter, it seems had a reality check. He had come up short at "money time," and was now painfully aware of the frailty of his flesh.He was under such a harsh indictment of himself, that he had decided to forsake his call and commission from the Lord Jesus. He was returning to his old profession...he was going fishing. And it is at this point in time that Jesus appears on the shore to encourage and restore the fallen apostle.

O.K. let's fast forward a couple thousand years and here is my thought today. I believe there is a valid warning for this nation and it's people, being declared
 today. God, in my uneducated opinion has chosen some folks to warn us as individuals and as a nation to prepare for a shaking. How, when, and where? don't ask me, that's up to God Almighty. But, the question posed to my spirit this week past was this, " Ronnie,are you ready?" Again.

"ARE YOU READY?" 

Many times we become much like Peter don't we? We make bold declarations in the agreeable surroundings of the sanctuary; or in the tranquility of the living room. But, as God put that verse in my heart today, I was and still am compelled to check MY condition.Those declarations I have so boldly pronounced, may well be put to the test outside the walls of my comfort zone, soon and VERY SOON. Look at that verse again, I am going to expand a little bit.

1 Corinthians 4:18-20 (ESV) 18  Some are arrogant, as though I were not coming to you.
19  But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power.
20  For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.


Paul was coming to conduct a reality check on certain folk in Corinth. I wonder if God is not readying to do the same here in the good ol' U.S. of A.

Brothers and sisters, our(yours and mine) course is clear don't you think? How so Ronnie? Well, look at what Peter and the rest of them did for our example. 

  Acts 1:14 (ESV) 14  All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.

They got in the same mind, got alone with God, and DEVOTED themselves to prayer. And THAT, dear brothers and sisters is the point of everything that I have said here today. If I believe(as our brother Peter)  for one second that "I got this," I am in for some rough sailing. He's calling us near.Times may well be approaching which will conduct a reality check on the power that backs up our talk. We should heed that call and snuggle up close don't you think?

 Psalm 123:1 (ESV) 1
 To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens!

God Bless


  







  

    






    

No comments:

Post a Comment