Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy                                                                                               03-14-14

Psalm 146:5 (KJV) 5  Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

I had a different message lined up for today but changed it midstream. A few weeks ago I was at the workout gym and while walking on the treadmill I heard this song. I had no idea who the artist  was and couldn't even make out the lyrics; but, the song was great. Great beat and melody and that kind of stuff. Well, I went on about my business and the song would play in my head from time to time. A couple days ago I just happened to be watching T.V. and a car commercial came on and lo and behold the song was playing very dimly in the background. So, I went to work that very night and asked a guy who has teenager kids if he could find the name of the song. Well, last night he came in and informed me that his youngest daughter knew the commercial and the song. It was a song by a man named Pharrell Williams and the name of the song was "The Happy Song."  I Googled it and watched the video and found out that the song was written for a movie (Despicable Me 2, I think) and it had been nominated for an Oscar but had not won. But, the crazy thing about this song was that it has gone viral on YouTube. It seems that people from all over the world are making videos about being happy and sending them into a website. (24hoursofhappy.com) It's mostly kids(the video from Munich, Germany is my favorite) and they are dancing, breakdancing, doing backflips, riding bikes and motorscooters....on and on. It's really cool. Go watch it. It will put a smile on your face.   

Ahhh...that elusive butterfly called happiness. We spend untold amounts of time,energy and most of all money trying to capture it. Only problem is once we think we have it, it somehow escapes our grasp and we are off in a vain attempt to net it again. It's a never ending game of catch and release. The reason being, that happiness is based on external circumstances; and those circumstances are in a constant state of flux. Happiness isn't necessarily due to our choices either. I know people who live in difficult circumstances that are not of their making. They did not choose, no,no. They were dealt the hand they have. In many cases they had NO choice. Life thrust their circumstances upon them. The Bible says the serpent strikes without enchantment. I said all that to say this. GO GRAB YOU SOME HAPPINESS TODAY! Listen, your problems can wait for another day. They aren't going anywhere. Take a day off and lighten your load. Now, I don't recommend that you go try and do a 360 on a bike! Neither do I subscribe going out in the front yard and doing backflips or breakdancing. You feelin' me? But, if you can do those things, by all means knock yourself out. I'll find my happiness on the porch with all the other pups. Amen?

Listen brothers and sisters, we can dwell on the newspeak on the tele. We can speculate on the course of our world. Ukraine, Middle East, Global Warming, Terrorism, the decline of America, on and on and on and on and on.....OR we can take a week, a day, an hour to think on God and His goodness. We can meditate on the above verse until we realize that God is OUR(yours and mine) HELPER. He is the King of ALL the Universe, the Sovereign Lord, and CONTROLS ALL THINGS. Go do something that you enjoy. Dance, sing, walk the dog, whatever.. just let those problems and burdens float up in the sky. It will be a medicine to your bones.

       Proverbs 17:22 (KJV) 22  A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Just do it. It might just make you HAPPY!

Psalm 18:29-33 (KJV) 29  For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
30  As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31  For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
32  It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33  He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.





God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment