Friday, April 5, 2013


The Conclusion


1 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, "I have no delight in them"; 2 before the sun and the light, the moon and the stars are darkened, and clouds return after the rain;
Eccl 12:1-2 (NASB)


Let me tell you something. I BE GETTIN OLD!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!! Notice that I didn't say YOU be gettin old. No, no,no.. I didn't want to bring the wrath of God down on my head.(big smile).That fact was brought to my attention today. I read that some friends of mine from way back(20 or 30 years) were now living in an assisted living home. I haven't had any contact with them in years, but, they were good friends back in the day. It was further magnified to me when my sister told me that she had seen a woman that she knew, actually had gone to school with; at any rate, my sister's church fed some people today that were in difficult circumstances and in the crowd my sister saw this lady that she had gone to school with some -- years ago. Didn't give up any secrets sis.lol Then my mama woke up and she had had a difficult night.She was tired and didn't feel good. It was then, that this verse popped into my head.


You know I still can conjure up visions of my youth in my head. They are as real as yesterday. I can still see that girl dancing in the rain in the Woodstock movie. I vividly remember the 60's. Elvis,Kennedy, Viet Nam,Woodstock,man on the moon, and of course the greatest band ever conceived, THE BEATLES! I remembered the rhetoric of change of those years only to be sobered by the fact that it was a pseudo idealism in reality; the "evil" generation of our parents with all the greed and avarice became our generation as the hippies "sold out" to Wall Street. What is it that God's Word says? "There's nothing new under the sun." The more things change, the more they stay the same. Life marches on and now my generation begins to hand over the reins of leadership to those who follow us.


It is the cycle of life.Running to and fro to do this and that. That to and fro being done only leads to more to and fro..yada,yada,yada. Like a treadmill, amen? The hopes and dreams of youth most often turn into the reponsibilities of adulthood. Changing the world usually translates into raising a family, pursuing a career etc.,etc.And that isn't a bad thing, it's the way it should be. Kids become grandkids, careers evolve into social security(if there's any left lol). And eventually we reach the end of our days. But, and this is the kicker, it's on us IN A FLASH!! Amen?! And if you are not careful, you find that God has been left on the sidelines during the business of living.


14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
James 4:14 (NASB)


Ahh listen folks, Solomon knew what he was talking about when he wrote that verse. When your days become difficult and dim, it is God and God alone that will give you strength and hope. When clouds return after the rain, it will be your trust and faith in Jesus that will cause the sun to shine down on you.
It's the Lord Jesus that sustains us and promises us life.Not a social security check. AMEN!!


54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, " DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. 55 O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"
1 Cor 15:53-55 (NASB)


There may be some dark days on the horizon BUT GOD!....AMEN? Listen, whether you are young, old or somewhere in between FIND GOD. He is the end all, be all of our very lives. This is the conclusion of all our life.


13 The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.
Eccl 12:13 (NASB)


When the world and all that is in it has lost it's luster and grown very faint, it is God that will keep us, encourage us,give us hope and ultimately bring us into His eternal presence.Amen and Amen.


25 I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his descendants begging bread.
Psalms 37:25 (NASB)


God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment