Saturday, April 13, 2013


Change Your World


8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."
Acts 1:7-8 (NASB)


Ooops! Sorry about that. It seems that I am a day late with my blog and I do apologize for being tardy. I got called out of town with my job and got tied up yesterday blah, blah, blah. Anyway better late than never but I do apologize. However, I was able to mix business with pleasure because I was sent to Des Moines, Iowa by my company and my son and NEW granddaughter live in Ames, which is about 45 miles away. So, I have been able to see my new sweetie pie grandbaby and get paid for it!
At any rate while driving through Iowa, I saw a church billboard which caught my attention. It said something like come out to the church and change the world. That kind of stuck with me but I forgot about it the next day. So, I got to my son's home and saw Elizabeth Amelia for the first time. If you have any grand kids you know how I felt as I saw my granddaughter for the first time. After a while she warmed up to me and started smiling and all that. Anyway as I held her, something a man of God said many years ago came to mind. He said that although he had preached to full auditoriums in front of hundreds of people; and, he had seen the Holy Spirit move powerfully on untold occasions; the most spiritual moment that he had ever had in his life was in his living room with his grandchildren crawling all over him. He went on to explain that at that moment there were no hidden agendas, no programs or power plays. No visions of grandeur trying to build large ministries. No mega this or that, no mega anything. It was a simple one on one with a grandfather enjoying his grandchildren. As I thought about that and the billboard that I had seen, the Lord put that verse in my heart. These words came to my mind. Instead of changing THE world, how about changing YOUR world. Let me try and explain. Look at the back half of that verse again.


and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."
Acts 1:8 (NASB)


You see this is what happens to us sometimes. We get so caught up in saving the world that we forget about Jerusalem. What do you mean by that Ronnie? Just this. We get caught up in visions and programs and whatnot and don't have any time for those closest to us. We save the world but lose our children. You see God HAS called some people to change THE world, but, most of us have been burdened with changing OUR world. The place and the people we call dear is our primary mission field. Our Jerusalem if you will. For most of us, it's not about ministering to thousands. It's about ministering to your child, or your brothers and sisters, your parents. You gettin my drift here? I have heard it put this way many times before and I will share it here. Heaven won't be quite the same if you don't share it with those that were yours in this life. YOUR flesh and blood. Jesus said as much. Although in a different context it applies here.


25 For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?
Luke 9:25 (NASB)


What profit is there if you save the world and lose your family? I was told one time that ministry is one on one. It's personal. I believe that. Yes, feeding the hungry IS a noble work. Building a church IS ordained by God. But, if I want to change THE world, I have to change MY world first. Amen? Preaching to your kids isn't as glamorous as preaching to a full house. BUT, in the end it will pay greater dividends for you. Praying for your family probably won't land you a television spot. BUT, it might be the difference in one of them making heaven their home. Brothers and sisters feeding the world both physically and spiritually is great as long as my own flesh and blood don't starve in the process. Remember this.The most spiritual moments are those spent loving and ministering to those around you. The ones that are closest to you. Those are the true world changers.


3 Behold, children are a gift of the Lord
Psalms 127:3 (NASB


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment