Friday, July 3, 2015

Silence Of The Lambs                                     07-03-15


Proverbs 2:3-5 (ESV) 3  yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding,
4  if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures,
5  then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.


I experienced an odd confluence of thought today. I was reading in the 10th chapter of John about shepherds and sheep. Then, I turned on Facebook this P.M., and first off I noticed a post concerning a gag order issued in Oregon against the bakers that refused to bake a wedding cake for a same sex marriage. 

As I read further, the above verses crossed my line of sight, especially vs. 3.  As I read the post about the gag order, I wondered aloud to myself whether or not this was a first shot across the bow so to speak. In this country of liberty and opportunity; this nation supposedly founded on principles of freedom, could we now be entering a SEASON where one's religious beliefs could be shackled or even denied expression, based solely on WHAT OR IN WHOM one believes. To advance that thought, is it now time to develop a "siege mentality" concerning our individual belief systems and the assault on same?

I don't honestly know. How about you? As I thought on that, the movie title (and not surprisingly, title to this message came to mind.) Is there a concerted effort to silence the lambs in this country. That's when the above verse took center stage in my mind.

I included vs.3-5 but, it was verse 3 that spoke to me. those phrases "call out," and "raise your voice" jumped out at me. A short side note is called for here.

When my friend and Pastor, Pastor Doug calls me, invariably, without fail ,like clockwork, he greets me with the same greeting. "Ronnie, let's just have a season of prayer right now." Now to be sure, sometimes he substitutes the word "praise" for prayer, but you are getting my drift, right? Many times this is spoken tongue in cheek and as they say, to fully appreciate it ,you just have to be there. I said that to say this.

In this present darkness, there is a world of truth and light in that greeting isn't there? Let me share a truth that I was taught a long time ago. It is just this. We can call for a Bible Study and people will show up. Likewise for a call to any of a number of other activities. But, call for a prayer meeting and it's like "where did everybody go?" Nope, I am not pointing a finger at anyone besides myself. I am speaking this from my personal experience. As the Bible says "Truly, truly, I say unto you." I would rather in my flesh take a beating than pray.  

Listen, as I pen these words I am reminded of how I, me personally, must be prodded to pray. Why? Because there is nothing easy about prayer. It is work, and in many instances, HARD work. No glory or instant gratification to be had. And, if you are like me, you must make yourself do it. It is not something that my flesh wants to do. I must discipline myself to "begin to begin" when it comes to praying; and, to be honest ,most times it is not easy. But. BUT. Like last week, here comes the but again. IT IS WHERE THE POWER IS!! Not the power we hear parlayed about in many circles today, no, it is the life changing power that takes place only in time spent before the Lord God Almighty.  Look a little further down in that passage.


Proverbs 2:7-8 (ESV) 7  he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
8  guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.



You see if we will seek Him, He will become a shield for us. He will watch over our way.

Brothers and sisters there are folk in these United States....not in the Middle East, not in Africa, not in communist China....HERE! IN AMERICA!!, folk that are being threatened, no, not threatened ,they are being prosecuted and persecuted because they hold to  Christian beliefs. An attempt is being made to SILENCE them.

The Lord God tells us to call upon Him. Raise our voices to Him. As this country slides down the slippery slope to chaos, know and take heart in this fact. If you call on the name of JESUS, you are one of His sheep.

 Psalm 79:13 (ESV) 13  But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise.

Call upon Him. Raise your voice to Him. If we do, we will know His voice.


John 10:27-30 (ESV) 27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
28  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30  I and the Father are one.”

We will never perish. No one can snatch us away. Not the elite 1%'s. Not a corrupt and dare I say it, evil government. Not a false religion. Not anyone or anything. Again for emphasis. NO ONE CAN SNATCH US AWAY. Amen and Amen. Come quickly Lord Jesus.

Psalm 71:14-15 (ESV) 14  But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more.
15  My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge.



God Bless.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment