Saturday, August 16, 2014

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus                                                                    08-16-14

Ecclesiastes 4:1 (NASB) 1  Then I looked again at all the acts of oppression which were being done under the sun. And behold I saw the tears of the oppressed and that they had no one to comfort them; and on the side of their oppressors was power, but they had no one to comfort them.

There are some that would say the title to my message is narrow and self centered as concerning my desire for Jesus immediate return. Some would say that there is a lost and dying world still there that needs to hear the Gospel; and, this self centered view disregards them. That being said, my response to them, at least this week, would be that they are absolutely right. It was a strangely emotional week for me. I am not normally moved emotionally by events that happen in other parts of the world. Oh, I might pop off in my spirit from time to time over  acts of injustice but it rarely, if ever moves me emotionally. Nevertheless, when I saw and read about the horror and demonic persecution of people for the sole reason of believing in Jesus, it struck me. And when I saw the picture of the little girl, I had had enough. I became angry, even embittered and vengeful in my heart against the filth that had committed these atrocities. She appeared to be about the age of my little angel Chloe and I looked heavenward and in my spirit screamed "PLEASE COME BACK LORD JESUS AND END ALL OF THIS MADNESS!"  I was done with it.The next day,in a round about way, I was reminded of a scripture.

     Deuteronomy 32:35 (NASB) 35  'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.'

As I thought about this verse it did my heart some good to know that one day in His time, and, in a way that He only knows, He would surely set things right for that child laying on that tile floor somewhere in Iraq. I mused this week about how blessed I was for the simple reality that I lived in relative freedom. I don't have anyone marking my doorpost with an 'N' to identify me as a follower of the Nazarene. And I certainly don't have anyone threatening my life because I believe in that Nazarene. We here in America really don't have a clue do we?  I just want to say "'Thank you Jesus, the One and ONLY true God." Folks, if we are not careful this type of demonic, satanically influenced persecution is coming to a town and city near us. Remember His words. He said that these were just the BEGINNING of sorrows.  If you don't know Jesus as your personal savior, accept His forgiveness and salvation NOW before it's too late. He is standing at the door of your heart right now. As for the rest of us and our nation we need to step up. They say that they are coming for us. Let us humble ourselves as individuals and as a nation. God is ready and willing to take up our cause if it is centered in Him.

 2 Chronicles 7:14-15 (NASB) 14  and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
15  "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.

You know, they tell me that this verse is for Israel and Israel alone but I am claiming it for me and mine. Amen? Please excuse my overt transparency this week. I am wearing my heart on my sleeve this week for those people that are enduring untold and unknown to us here in America, suffering. That being said...

Revelation 22:20 (NASB) 20  He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
 


God Bless



   

No comments:

Post a Comment