Friday, October 4, 2013

By Faith                                                                                                         10-4-13

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NASB) 7  for we walk by faith, not by sight—

Whew! What a week! We've got growing(once again)tensions in the Middle East. We have a government shutdown with both sides of the aisle at an impasse. Tempers are flaring between Republicans and Democrats, Democrats and Democrats, Republicans and Republicans. Oh My!
As lawmakers try to find a solution to the shutdown, Obamacare is initiated amidst cheers or catcalls depending upon your party affiliation. Wait! There's more!! Sometime within the next two weeks, I believe it's October 17th isn't it? The debt ceiling will ONCE AGAIN be reached and the governmental powers will be faced with the option of raising our debt levels or defaulting on the obligations of the United States. Hmmm.. here's the problem folks.

Isaiah 17:10-11 (NASB) 10  For you have forgotten the God of your salvation And have not remembered the rock of your refuge. Therefore you plant delightful plants And set them with vine slips of a strange god.
11  In the day that you plant it you carefully fence it in, And in the morning you bring your seed to blossom; But the harvest will be a heap In a day of sickliness and incurable pain.



 Oh well, here's the good part, my two favorite teams, the Braves and Red Sox are both in the playoffs and the beloved Vols have a big game with Georgia this week. MAN! The buzz is everywhere. Positively and negatively these are exciting times in our land. Yeah,.. well..here's a quarter... Ever feel like that? I had a couple of days like that this week. There were all sorts of drama being played out this week. My friend Charles used to call them "dog and pony shows" lol. But, I couldn't muster any passion for any of it.You gettin' my drift? It was a case of the doldrums.

Doldrums- A state of inactivity or stagnation. Dull,listless (and here's my favorite)The Blue Funk. Haha sounds like a 70's rock band.(courtesy of Dictionary .Com)

Life is a regimen. The responsibilities and duties of this life can sometimes smother our zeal. I don't know if you have ever felt like that, but that's how I felt this week. As I slogged through this week past I wondered why I felt so blah. I had a roof over my head, food to eat, a car to drive, a job, and even some spending money in my pocket. What's going on here? In the end all I could come up with was the enemy was trying to steal my joy. Know what I mean? The Holy Ghost then spoke that scripture to my heart yesterday.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NASB) 7  for we walk by faith, not by sight—
That word walk means to tread all around or be occupied with. Sometimes we have to occupy ourselves with the things of the Lord whether we feel like it or not. It is like Pastor Doug said in a recent sermon that when we feel least like praying is when we need to pray the most. Much like King David we at times have to shake ourselves and encourage and strengthen ourselves in the Lord. Whether times are good, bad, or in between we need to keep our minds and hearts on the Lord and His goodness. Amen?

1 Samuel 30:6 (NASB) 6  Moreover David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him, for all the people were embittered, each one because of his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.

I remember Brother Mushegan used to say that we have to drag ourselves down to the altar by the scruff of the neck and get alone with God. There are times when nothing else will do. At any rate, if you have ever felt or are feeling this way now, take heart this too shall pass.

2 Corinthians 4:18 (NASB) 18  while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
The world and ALL that is in it. The cares and problems of THIS life. The feelings and emotions that so often affect us. They are ALL temporal. Lord, help us to look past the impostors of this life and help us to see the reality of your kingdom and glory.

 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NASB) 9  but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."

Amen. He's coming to get us brothers and sisters. Hang in there.

Psalm 39:7 (NASB) 7  "And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment