Sunday, June 23, 2013

On Being A Giver

6 Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
2 Cor 9:6-8 (NASB)

One of the first concepts I learned as a new Christian was the importance of being a giver. Not only the importance but the BENEFIT of giving to the work of the Gospel. That truth was for the umpteenth(?) time brought home to me these past couple of weeks. I have been really fighting with sickness these past three weeks and I had missed a day or two of work. I also took a week off without pay and whatnot. You get the picture. Well, to make a long story short on my last two paychecks I received extra pay. No reason given, no explanation, I was for some unknown reason paid at a higher rate. The first time it happened I just sort of shook it off but the second time, this week's check, it really hit me. Now understand the amount in the eyes of the world would be a mere pittance but to me it was a marvelous blessing. When I opened my pay envelope all I could do was shake my head and offer up a heartfelt thank you. As I sat there at work and quietly shut my eyes to just thank Him, the Holy Spirit spoke a word to my heart. It was simply this "I got your back" So instead of suffering loss, I actually came out a little ahead of the game. People, it's not the great amount of what I received that's important(although to me it was important) but, it was the fact that once again God was good to His word." Ronnie you give to my work and I'll give to yours." This was so out of the blue, and for absolutely no known reason God moved on the heart of someone in that company to bless me not once but twice at a time that I needed it. IT HAD TO BE GOD!AMEN?

Listen brothers and sisters I can testify today that God is good for His word. The way He operates will leave you shaking your head. His ways are not our ways. If you are not giving to the Lord's work, you need to start. FOR YOUR BENEFIT! I can say of a truth He will not let you down. He is good for His word. HE'S GOT YOUR BACK!PTL!!

25 I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his descendants begging bread.
Psalms 37:24-25 (NASB)


God Bless

       

No comments:

Post a Comment