Friday, September 16, 2016

Make An Effort

Make An Effort                                                   09-16-16

Luke 12:58 (ESV) 58  As you go with your accuser before the magistrate, make an effort to settle with him on the way, lest he drag you to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the officer, and the officer put you in prison.

Some people! I mean the NERVE of some people!! Ever say or think that to yourself? Yeah,I feel ya. Look at the companion verse to Luke.

Matthew 5:25 (ESV) 25  Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.

You know Jesus said that we have to love everyone. In laws,out laws,friends and enemies. Love em all.But, BUT.. He didn't say that we have to LIKE em'all did He? (smile) Hmmm...Houston we have a problem.

The Apostle Paul expounded on our conundrum a little further.Look here.

Romans 12:18 (ESV) 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Those first two words put it all in perspective don't you think? "If possible........." Again for effect. IF POSSIBLE .Folks there are some people that just won't leave it alone will they? for some reason they just continue to grate and grind on our LAST nerve don't they? Of course we,you and I are NEVER guilty of such behavior are we?We never rub someone the wrong way do we? God Forbid. Why,we're just the living image of Jesus towards everyone we meet in this life don't you know!! Yeah right....If you believe that about me,or you for that matter,then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you. You gettin' my drift?  

Jesus had some practical teaching about us living in this world with those folks. He put it into a courtroom setting,but I believe He was talking about all sorts of temporal matters that we face in this life.You know ..our issues with all the heathen out there. (smile again)

My,oh,my what are we to do?..... Make an effort.Make an attempt. An attempt to what Ronnie? To settle. To come to terms is the way Jesus put it. If it is possible,MAKE PEACE. Peace with whom? Peace with your ACCUSER of course. WHAT!!!You mean make peace with the !$%&!(**)^^%$!! that did that to me!!! Yeah. 'fraid so. I know...  I KNOW! I wish I could tear that page out too.  And herein lieth the lesson.

 Look at verse 57.

Luke 12:57 (ESV) 57  “And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?


Judge for ourselves what is right. You know somethin? It's all good IF the judge rules in our favor. Not so good if the decision goes against us. Ya feelin' me here? If possible, IF POSSIBLE, Jesus taught us to make peace. Settle the difference amongst ourselves. The turmoil and stress that comes with a fight,most times isn't worth it. Yes, there are times when our efforts at reconciliation will land on a deaf ear and a hard heart. Most times however,at least in my experience,differences can be worked out; thus saving us the heartburn and ulcers. This life is too short.

I read this a short while back and as I begin to write it here,the Holy Spirit is speaking directly to me that I personally need to heed my own words. "Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff."

Physician heal thyself.

Psalm 49:5 (ESV) 5  Why should I fear in times of trouble, when the iniquity of those who cheat me surrounds me,



God Bless.
   
   


1 comment: