Friday, March 1, 2013


The Good Part


Alright, already. So now we're back to the Mediterranean Diet. Yep. Limit my red meat consumption, more grains, nuts etc., less fat especially the bad kind. Hmm... Not four months ago I was told by a Doctor, a real M.D.Doctor that I could eat lean meat red or any other color as many times as I wished. Also, fat consumption wasn't a real problem, just be reasonable.But, the enemy, the real enemy lurking in the shadows was carbohydrates. You know the good stuff. Pasta, bread, rice, potatoes etc., etc were TABOO! So, I cut my starches. Now, literally as I write this I am looking at the new report on my phone that tells me for a heart healthy diet I can now have pasta, rice blah, blah, just stay away from the enemy RED MEAT AND FAT!!. Bahahaha! I'm done. You hear me? I am done with the diet gurus. I guess I will go to the Mediterranean Diet because it was the diet that Jesus ate.(lol huge grin) I'm going to choose the good part. PTL HeHe.


"....for Mary has chosen the good part..."


41 But the Lord answered and said to her, " Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:40-42 (NASB)


The above phrase came up in a conversation I had this week and when I heard it the Lord quickened my spirit and I felt that I would be writing about it this week; and, so I am. You know the story. Here is poor ol' Martha killing herself in the kitchen,making dinner, getting everyone something to drink, last minute cleaning the bathrooms, straightening up the living room; and then there's Mary....what's she doing? Look at vs.39


39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word.
Luke 10:38-39 (NASB)


Think about it. Here is the MAN. This isn't Peter or John or even John the Baptist that is walking up the sidewalk. No,No,No. This is the Big Cheese, Numero Uno, this is JESUS and He just came through the door. I can imagine how Martha must have felt. I can't blame her, I probably would have done the same thing. Amen? You know it's not the fact that what Martha was doing was wrong, it wasn't. It was the fact they she allowed herself to become DISTRACTED.


40 But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me."
Luke 10:39-40 (NASB)


The house probably WAS dirty. People more than likely WERE ready to eat. It was the responsible thing to do and Martha got more than a little upset with her sister.But, this was God in the flesh, sitting in her living room and Martha was going to miss everything that He had to say. Listen, I wonder if Mary knew that there were "things" that needed doing? I'll bet she did. She lived there too. But, look at Jesus' response to Martha's plight.


for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:42 (NASB)


The good part. Mary chose the good part. She said hang it all, I'm sitting at my Savior's feet and I am going to LISTEN TO HIS WORD. She made it up close and personal. Isn't that much the same as it is today in your life..in my life? You bet your bippy it is. We live in a world chock full of distractions. A sociological system that tolerates every kind of behavior imaginable( except of course Biblical alternatives). A political environment that is rapidly destroying any semblance of freedom in this country and the world in general, under the facade of security and protection. Oh yes, and don't forget an economic monster that is supporting said environment by crushing individuals through manipulation and greed. BUT GOD.

Brothers and Sisters it isn't in spending cuts. It isn't in tax increases. It's not at the ballot box. It isn't about guns. It's not even about serving. It's about the good part. It's about getting alone with YOUR God and listening to His word. Pray, read His Word, listen to Him. Make it up close and personal.

He's not concerned with politics, He is going to establish HisKingdom on this earth. He isn't worried about economies of lack. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, HE OWNS THE WHOLE EARTH AND ALL THAT IS IN IT! And it HIS GOOD PLEASURE to give His kingdom to His children.
He's the Holy One of Israel. He's the God of all the earth and every single creature trodding on it.It's HIM. HE'S THE GOOD PART!


1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, has spoken, And summoned the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Psalms 50:1 (NASB)

15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me."
Psalms 50:15 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment