Friday, December 14, 2012


None Ya!


I write this almost half-heartedly as through the miracle(?) of technology, I am witness to yet another American horror story in Connecticut. My message, seems to me insignifigant in the wake of the tragedy today. But, I will post it and maybe we all can glean something,God willing.


My mother and I play a little game over and over again these days. She is always worrying that I don't ever do anything. I am unhappy(that is her favorite word for me lol) She is always saying that I need to get out and go somewhere. Get a life in today's vernacular. So, when I do go somewhere, I make it very mysterious when Memaw asks me where I am going., Her stroke affected her short term memory so she asks over and over, " Where are you going?" "Who are you going to see?" etc., etc., etc. The more vague I am with my answers, the more intense the third degree becomes.(smile) So, finally after bantering back and forth I will come out with my standard response,"None ya!" Although she has heard that expression a zillion times, she will get this puzzled look on her face and cock her head and say

"What, what does that mean, none ya?" Almost laughingly I will reply"None ya business!" She will get this sourpuss look on her face and say"Oh, just go then!" (big smile)

That being said, I read a verse this week that stood out to me.


17 Like one who takes a dog by the ears Is he who passes by and meddles with strife not belonging to him.
Prov 26:17 (NASB)


You know we live in the Information Age. Acouple of mouse clicks, a few Google searches and Voila!
we can be privy to a ton of information about anything or anyone. You agree? The Internet has made us a bunch of snoopers. Don't get me wrong, I am as guilty as the next person.On a daily basis I swing out of bed and almost before my feet touch the ground I am checking my cellphone for the latest news, e-mails, gossip, etc.,etc. Can I get an Amen?

But, you know sometimes our snooping becomes meddling, ya feel me?

Meddles...

Transliterated Word: abar (720d)
Root: denom. vb. from 5678;

Definition: to be arrogant, become angry:--
—NASB Greek-Hebrew Dictionary


A lot of times people will interject themselves into our lives,(or maybe it is we that are doing the interjecting) and circumstances where they are not invited. That word meddle becomes relevant. They or we have become arrogant for assuming that they or we "belong" at that place in our or someone else's lives. Sometimes we assume that we know what is best for someone else and will try and fix it. Are you hearin' me? The Bible has a word for this: BUSYBODY.


Vine's Dictionary of New Testament Words defines it thus: "to be working round about, instead of at one's own business,""to waste one's labor, to be meddling with, or bustling about, other people's matters."


It's one thing to offer our help to someone or to serve someone in time of need or otherwise.It's an entirely different matter to butt our noses in where they don't belong. I'm preaching to me here as well as anyone else. When we assume that role the outcome will always be the same. Strife and division. In the end when you or I or anyone takes THAT DOG by the ears it is you, me,or them who is going to get BIT!


At any rate, like I said earlier, my words pale in comparison to what has happened today. People, in our country today the schoolyard is a DANGEROUS place to be! We as a nation need to WAKE UP! When kindergartens and elementary schools become warzones akin to Afghanistan... well I don't know. Let's quit swinging at each other and start swinging at the REAL enemy.


8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8 (NASB)


For all of us and especially those in Connecticut


4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment