Friday, December 22, 2017

What Was,And Is,And Is To Come                           12-22-17

Isaiah 9:6 (ESV) 6  For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Luke 2:11 (ESV) 11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday season. I love the commercialization of Christmas.Yes, I know there is a true meaning of Christmas. We'll get to that in a minute. But,I LOVE all the hustle and bustle.The seasonal movies,the scenes at the mall,the tacky house lights,the presents.I love the expectation and excitement in the kids as the BIG DAY approaches.Shelley and I have our own version of Ralphie walking around the house. You know Ralphie from "A Christmas Story," don't you? Well,Ralphie's female clone,known by the name Chloe, is alive and well at 5304 Foxwood Rd. complete with the pink bunny suit(except it is a pig suit here).I can see many Christmas's past, as my own kids tried every way imaginable to figure out what was under the tree and what the Man in Red, from the North Pole would be bringing them.

The glitter and excitement for me has faded somewhat in the present day. I could go without getting anything for Christmas and be perfectly content watching the younguns open their stuff. However, I will gladly accept ANY present that you,Shelley,might like to buy me!!smile. But seriously,I am going to soak this Christmas in. I am going to enjoy this coming weekend to the max. I look forward to seeing Maddie and Chloe run around the house all excited. I am looking forward to hearing about my grandkids' Christmas. I look forward to opening my gifts and watching others do the same. Looking at all the before and after pictures in the HUNDREDS That Shelley and her mom Sharon,will post on Facebook. lol I want to soak it in. Why? Because I may never get to experience another Christmas like this one. I want to hold this blessing from the Lord close to my heart.SOAK IT IN TODAY. None of us knows the future. What's that you say? The real reason for the season? Yes I do. It's a matter of what was and what is and what is to come isn't it? And herein lieth he lesson.

 About two thousand or so years ago the prophesied Messiah,the Savior of the human race was born in a land far,far away.All the innocence and hope of an entire fallen race lay in that manger.That's why we are celebrating this season. We want,we NEED in some way to FEEL that innocence and love and hope.The presents,the carols,the candlelight services and communions all contribute to our NEED to FEEL the love and goodwill,the PEACE towards ALL men.A Christmas past.Yet there's more to it isn't there? 

John 3:16 (ESV) 16  “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

About thirty or so years later,that child born in that stable would set himself on a course. His primary,overriding purpose would be to show the world that He loved His Father,God Almighty. He would humble Himself and freely GIVE His life in the most gruesome way imaginable,to prove His love of God. As a result,He not only proved His love for His God,but He proved His God's love for us.Because of this love,God's creation,you and I can live forever.All we must do is believe. An age of grace and mercy. A Christmas present.
Ahhhhhhh........but there's more to come isn't there,dear saint? A Christmas  FUTURE! And this is the one I want to focus on.

Brother and sister,if you are beat down. If you are hanging on by a thread. If life has worn you out,maybe you have suffered unimaginable loss, or as the Apostle Paul said,you have fought the good fight,you have finished the course and the time of your departure is at hand........ then READ ON child of God. 

Revelation 1:12-16 (ESV) 12  Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands,
13  and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest.
14  The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire,
15  his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters.
16  In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.


THIS is the REASON FOR THE SEASON. The Lord Jesus is no longer a babe in the manger. He is no longer a suffering servant hanging on an old rugged cross. No,NO! He is a King that is coming back for His own.He dwells in unapproachable light,and He's coming soon to take us,YOU AND ME, HOME. And so we shall FOREVER be with the Lord.

Revelation 22:12-13 (ESV) 12  “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.
13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”


Amen. Come Lord Jesus.

God Bless.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment