Friday, May 5, 2017

Not My Battle                                           05-05-17

Psalm 35:1 (ESV) 1
 Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!

Short and sweet this week.


When I walked in the house this afternoon, I was greeted by Shelley and Chloe.I sat down and Chloe told me that she had something that she wanted to show me. While I was waiting Shelley quickly filled me in on what was happening. The girls had gone to Hobby Lobby this afternoon and while shopping around Chloe saw one of those placards that you hang on the wall. She told Shell Shell that she would spend her own money on the placard. So, Shelley said O.K. and Chloe spent 20 dollars of her own money on a placard that quoted 2nd Chronicles 20:15.

2 Chronicles 20:15 (ESV) 15  And he said, “Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the LORD to you, ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God’s.

"....for the battle is not yours but God's......" It was pretty cool because Shelley and I had prayed a similar verse every day this week. The one at the beginning of this blog.

Psalm 35:1 (ESV) 1
 Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!



We had prayed each morning this week about allowing God to fight the battle and refusing to take matters into our own hands no matter the outcome.Well, unbeknownst to us and to our surprise it seems that Chloe had been praying about the same stuff.And herein lieth the lesson.

It's very tempting to strike back at someone or something that launches an attack against us isn't it? You know. Somebody says or does something meaning you harm,
or at the very least rubbing you the wrong way. Our flesh immediately wants to strike back. To defend ourselves. We get OFFENDED. We lash out to protect our turf,or we carry it around on the inside until we are a seething time bomb; and God help the one or ones that are around when all that pent up anger erupts.I have personally been on both sides of the above equation and nothing good ever comes out of it.

Brothers and sisters we will all be way ahead of the game if we can somehow trust God to take care of us no matter how He so chooses.It's easy when things go our way.. not so much when it appears we are on the short end. But God promises us that even when things don't go our way,He still has us in the palm of His hand.

If we will let Him take command we will be saved a lot of anger,pain and heartburn.

It ain't our fight.

Psalm 56:8-9 (ESV) 8  You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?
9  Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call. This I know, that God is for me.



God Bless





No comments:

Post a Comment