Friday, November 11, 2016

Selections Have Consequences

Selections Have Consequences                                   11-11-16

Proverbs 29:25-26 (ESV) 25  The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe.
26  Many seek the face of a ruler, but it is from the LORD that a man gets justice.


No, this is not a misquote of President Obama's "elections have consequences" from 2009. It floated across my mind as I was listening to the reports of what was happening across the country.To be frank, I was not moved at all by the reaction to the election. Without getting sidetracked,I will say that truthfully I wasn't in a conciliatory mood. I recognized that the proverbial olive branch had to be extended. But,after reading the news accounts I was not quite ready. Right or wrong that is how I felt. That said,this verse crossed my mind recently.We are seeing this verse played out in the streets,right before our eyes are we not? And herein lieth the lesson.  

Selections have consequences don't they? We have a segment of our people that feel cheated. They feel that they are suffering under the boot of injustice. They have a fear. Whether it is justified,whether it is perceived or whether it is manufactured to promote a cloaked agenda,it is a fear isn't it? Here is the disconnect. They have been caught up in the passion of the moment.They are seeking redress for injustice in the wisdom of man; in the face of a ruler,rather than in the giver of justice,the Lord God. 

You see we all are faced daily with selections or choices if you will. In this corner we have God and His Word, in the opposing corner we have the world and it's wisdom.We must choose or select WHO and WHAT we will follow. Read the words of Joshua as he put that same choice to the children of Israel.

Joshua 24:15 (ESV) 15  And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

You see, Brothers and Sisters, we are in a buffet line and we must make a selection.
We must choose to be givers or takers. We can choose to walk by faith or walk by sight. We can choose to live in love or hate. We can choose to seek the wisdom found in God's Word, the Bible;or we can choose the Wall Street Journal,New York Times,Fox News or CNN.Ultimately we must choose The Lord Jesus Christ.....or not. God has given us that freedom. Remember however,our choices,our selections,come with consequences.

Folks, the Lord Jesus says that He has the answers. It is our call whether to believe and trust in Him or not.

Psalm 7:1 (ESV) 1
 O LORD my God, in you do I take refuge; save me from all my pursuers and deliver me,



God Bless


 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment