Friday, January 30, 2015

It's All Good                                                                   01-29-15

Psalm 34:8 (NASB) 8  O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

As I have mentioned before in this blog, I am not a pastor. I don't consider myself gifted with a pastor's heart, neither am I blessed as an exhorter. That being said, when writing this blog, I  make an attempt to be sensitive to what the Holy Spirit is speaking, if anything, to my heart. I spend about four hours a night driving the Interstate delivering papers. What better time than to ponder and pray? Last night, I stilled my spirit with nothing but the hum of the road in my ears. I was trying to get a clue about what God might want me to write about today.    Nothing.  Nothing. Nothing. I finished my route, went home and went to bed. Got up this P.M. Not a word.Nada.

I began to think about various subjects that might be of interest.. you know the condition of the world this week (which is the same or worse as last week!lol) No that wasn't it. I thought about the various trials and tribulations that God's People are facing on a daily basis. But, that quickening that is so familiar to me wasn't there. I had nothing. I even considered trying to put a spiritual spin to Deflategate!! (Lord Have Mercy.) It was then that I took a glance out the dining room window and noticed how pretty it was. The sun was hitting these pine trees at just the right angle. It was pretty and had a strange sort of tranquility to it. I was having a zen moment(smile)

As I wondered at those trees, some thoughts started strolling across my mind. I thought about how my bills were all paid. I had a job with a recent pay raise. I had obtained health insurance through the V.A. FREE of charge. No premiums, just a small co-pay. I had a roof over my head. My children were all safe and well fed. My health was good. All in all, it was ALL GOOD. You feelin' me here?  As I once again thought about what to write a voice came in my head and said,"Why don't you write about that?"  "About what?" I replied. "About how it is all good." That was it. That's all I heard. It was gone.  

In my spirit I retorted that isn't very thought provoking, nor is it insightful. Not that I have a special gift for either. Then I had a very simple, sobering thought..... It didn't have to be that way. I could be hunkered down in some Middle Eastern hellhole fearing for my very life. I could be on the receiving end of all the cards and well wishes for my speedy recovery. Ya hearin' me here? There are countless situations and circumstances, much worse,that I, Ronnie Jenkins could find myself tethered to. When I considered this,it finally occurred to me that God has, is, and will be very good to me. He has been faithful to me. Brothers and sisters I must confess something and I understand that I may be speaking for myself here. But, when weighed against the challenges and attacks that believers in other parts of the world are facing, my difficulties are a featherweight. Even in our own country there are people that are going through it to a degree that I can only imagine. With that perspective in front of my eyes, I thought it reasonable to pen a simple "Thank You Lord". I am reminded of that phrase that God has spoken to me many times recently "I've got your back." The Lord truly is good. Take your refuge in Him. He's All Good.  




Lamentations 3:21-23 (NASB) 21  This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope.
22  The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.
23  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment