Friday, March 8, 2013


What'd I Say


Allow me to paint a picture for you O.K.? You're rolling along and all of a sudden from nowhere God decides to bless you mightily. No small blessing mind you, but one of import. You tell your friends and loved ones and your heart is full of gratitude towards God; you walk around for a couple of days Praising The Lord. Not sheepishly(for those of you who know me) but BOLDLY! Then, just as that last PTL fills the air you go to work or get a phone call and ZAP the enemy has thrown a monkey wrench in the game. Does that sound or look familiar to you? Yeah, I feel ya. As you ponder the news, the enemy plants himself on your shoulder and poses the age old question...


1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?"
Gen 3:1 (NASB)


"INDEED HAS GOD SAID....?"


And so it goes. The wheels start turning..."..wait a minute, did God really say that He was going to bless me?" "Maybe that's just me talking to myself"
On and on and on ad nauseam. As I told someone this week THAT is the battle. That was Eve's battle in Eden and it is our battle today. No,that is NOT a statement of fear and doubt it is REALITY. As they say these days, let's keep it real.


10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
John 10:9-10 (NASB)


Steal your gratitude. You know these days that is a rarity. An attitude of thankfulness. I personally believe that God values that very highly. Just a simple, sincere, quietly spoken "Thank You."

At any rate I said all that to say this. That's kinda like what happened to moi this week, and the Lord reminded me of a verse in Jeremiah.


7 " Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord And whose trust is the Lord. 8 "For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit.
Jer 17:7-8 (NASB)


Look at those last two lines. That's what the Lord spoke to my heart. Ronnie,listen to me. Don't let the devil trick you into questioning what I said. Lend ME your ear. You see brothers and sisters that is where the REAL blessings of this life lay.That word anxious means"a care that draws us in a different direction". Careful or full of care. Amen?

Understand that we(you and me) are walking along thanking and praising God for blessing us and the enemy tries to DRAW us in a DIFFERENT DIRECTION! And here is my point. Vs.
7. Blessed...BLESSED is the man that what?.....

Blessed is the man that trusts the Lord.

 Why? Vs. 8


And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit.
Jer 17:8 (NASB)


You see what God is telling us here is this.


Ronnie, trust Me to perform my word in your life and you can be free of anxiety. Even in a year of drought. That's the real key isn't it? Yes, I know that is easier said than done. Yes, it IS a fierce battle that engages us. BUT, that doesn't negate the fact that He WANTS that for us. Amen? Walking through this life SECURE(secure literally means "free from care" Vines Expository Dictionary) that's a good way to live amen? But wait, there's more. Look at those last five words. "NOR CEASE TO YIELD FRUIT!" IN A YEAR OF DROUGHT!! Listen brothers and sisters I don't know what kind of fruit that's talking about. Maybe it's financial fruit, maybe it's spiritual fruit. Maybe it's a fruit of peace and contentment in our own lives. All I know is the Word Of God says that we can bear fruit.That is a promise to all who trust in the God of Heaven. Lord God help us to learn to lean on you. Help our unbelief! Amen! Most assuredly GOD HATH SAID. AMEN AND AMEN!


3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
Psalms 1:3 (NASB)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment