Friday, September 21, 2012

A Moment Of Clarity



14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.

Psalms 19:14 (NASB)



Man I am sitting outside on my mother's back porch and it is one fine day. It is gorgeous up here in God's country, East Tennessee.(smile) My mother had a stroke a couple of weeks ago(her second) and it left her somewhat diminished both physically and mentally. But, she is still pretty sharp and continues to improve every day. Although she spends a good deal of her time resting in her bed, she still manages to keep up with what's happening in the world. She is interested in the election and wants to make an informed decision this year when she votes. That being said something odd happened recently.The other morning she just walked from her bedroom, unannounced, into the kitchen where Carol(a relative here to help with memaw) and I were sitting. She then informed us that she wanted all of us to join hands and pray that she would be acceptable in God's eyes. The suddenness of it all took me aback but we all stood there and joined hands and prayed the prayer of the above verse. After praying she was thankful and went about her day as usual. I wondered what had caused this sudden desire on mother's part to humble herself before God and pray for His "acceptance". My mother has been a Christian for most of her life and knows Jesus. I wondered if God had spoken to my mother in her bed about her mortality or whatever. I didn't have a clue.



I was watching some television as I thought about the scene in the kitchen and a commercial came on about the wisdom of buying gold in these perilous times. It was the same commercial that I had seen thirty years earlier only the company selling the gold was different. The point was now, as then economic turmoil and upheaval in the world made gold a wise and profitable choice. It ended with a phrase that caught my ear. The spokesperson said that purchasing gold would"protect you from the problems of the world". Gold was indeed the answer.



You know the magicians of high finance practice their secret arts to manipulate money the world over. They breed fear either to sell you and me a product or to take advantage(through insider knowledge) of different types of markets to enrich a very select few at the expense of many. All of us 99%'s out there(smile) Not only that but the political and economic soothsayers spin their yarns about which is the "correct" course that we as a nation and people should take. One says "this is the right path" while the other says" no here it is" all the while charading as though they cared about the people they supposedly serve. How was it that Jesus described the generation in which he lived?



16 "But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children, 17 and say, 'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.'

Matt 11:16-17 (NASB)



Jesus was talking about spiritual matters here but it fits our current world like a glove.We are strolling along in this spin zone looking for security and protection, all the while warships are massing in the middle east from all over the world. Russian ships in the Mediterranean protecting the Syrian coast from invasion. Ships from America, Britain and God knows who else are collecting in the Persian Gulf to protect that other "protector" from the world's problems...OIL; should Israel launch an attack against Iran. I can tell you this when the bombs start dropping and the guns start shooting all the spin will stop. IMMEDIATELY. Threaten the world's oil supply and see what happens.But, you know something?..You can't put gold in your gas tank and neither does it or oil fill an empty stomach.God forbid that it should come to that, although, for many that is already a reality.



In the midst of all my musing it suddenly hit me. It seemed to me that my mother had all of a sudden had a moment of clarity in the bedroom, kitchen,or wherever the other day. When my mother came into that room wanting to pray you could have rolled up in an armored car with all the gold in Fort Knox and it wouldn't have mattered. In the midst of all the spin she could see what was really important. As she approaches her date with destiny the only thing that REALLY matters is her relationship with the Lord Of Glory. Is she acceptable in HIS sight? That's her only REAL concern. How do I know? I talked with her.



As eternity is VERY big in her window she realizes her ONLY PROTECTION is in the shed blood of Jesus. She desires to be acceptable to Him in word and thought. We should all have such moments!

God help all of us to seek and find YOU in these perilous times.



13 for " WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE Lord WILL BE SAVED."

Romans 10:13 (NASB)





God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment